- Melbourne CBD
- $120000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 2 months ago
Brand new role. Permanent full-time. Join a specialist in-house team where you will have access to varied work in the commercial technology & procurement space. Open to Melbourne.
Working closely with the Legal Manager and the in-house commercial tech team, this is a unique opportunity for a mid-level 2-5 PAE commercial lawyer with specialist technology experience to advise and provide strategic counsel on issues involving legal risk management and legal project management services. Working closely with senior specialist lawyers in the group nationally, you will largely be involved in advising the wider business on issues such as commercial contracting, procurement, supply chain and outsourcing, as well as marketing, consumer law and privacy related matters. You will have the opportunity to develop, negotiate, draft, review and amend commercial agreements and project manage.
Skills & Experience
- Australian qualified lawyer with a minimum of 2-5 PAE, coming from a strong TMT/technology from a major Australian or international law firm ideally with top-tier private practice training OR
- In-house experience within a corporate commercial/technology team from an ASX Top 20 financial services organisation such as a bank or an insurer.
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to organise, prioritise and work autonomously in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong negotiator with the ability to drafting a range of commercial agreements.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills with the ability to build relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- An understanding of the general insurance industry or practical experience within the financial services is advantageous but not essential.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- A host of benefits and incentives.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.