- North Sydney
- $115000 - $125000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
• 12 month maternity cover WHS Manager
• Full ANZ HSE Control, Lower North Shore location (work from home possible)
My client is a market leader in the Civil Engineering industry with a number for facilities across ANZ. They are seeking a WHS Manager to run the HSE function in their head office in the Lower North Shore. This is a stand alone role reporting into the General Manager whilst partnering closely with HR.
In this position you will act as first point of contact for all WHS enquires whilst providing specialist advice and support to all site managers/works across multiple facilities. You will be responsible for the review of policies and procedures to ensure that the business is compliant in supporting a safe work place. You will focus on achieving safe working at all times with an emphasis on world class operations. You will improve systems use and operationalise the group HSE strategy with an unwavering focus on minimising risk within HSE operations.
Your main points of focus will be
- Work Cover & Rehabilitation
- Return to Work
- Emergency Management
- Review and implement of polices and procedures to comply with relevant legislation's
- Management and development of direct report
- Maintenance of the WHS Management System
- Tertiary qualifications (Eg: Bachelor's degree in occupational health and safety, or equivalent, with Diploma (WHS) and relevant work experience)
- Rehabilitation and return to work Qualifications
- 5+ Years experience in WHS and Environmental management positions
- Practical experience in the principal WHS functions
- Advanced First Aid
- Sound knowledge of legal process for WHS Compliance
- Articulate, well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound computer skills
- Ability to lead as well as work in a team environment