- North Ryde
- $135000 per annum
- Job Type
- 9 months ago
JOB LOCATION: North Ryde, NSW
The Database Developer & DBA will be responsible for the efficient operation of Data Warehouse, ensuring that accurate, timely and relevant data analysis and reporting can be delivered to the business
Manage Technical Aspects of the Data Warehouse RDBMS and Reporting Systems
- Ensure the availability of the Data Warehouse is in line with business requirements.
- Manage the performance of the Data Warehouse, including tuning and housekeeping of the database.
- Manage database and transaction log backups.
- Monitor RDBMS scheduled tasks, and repair if necessary.
- Manage user security and access requirements of the Data Warehouse.
- Capacity management of the Data Warehouse, ensuring that the database has enough resources to operate and be backed up effectively.
- Operate and maintain the TM1 server and application/database, ensuring the appropriate documentation is maintained.
Manage and Support the ETL Process
- Ensure the efficient running and documentation of the ETL processes.
- Modify or expand the ETL processes to include support for new or modified source systems, or as required by the business.
- Increase the speed and efficiency of the existing ETL processes where possible (including developing and maintaining an online extract from transactional databases).
- Implement appropriate controls to ensure the validity, accuracy, usability, and integrity of data within the Data Warehouse.
- Manage the distribution of data.
Support the Reporting Needs of the Business
- Develop and maintain data models and/or queries to satisfy business requirements (SSIS & SSRS).
- Consolidate reports from distributed systems & Data Warehouse.
- Investigate database issues as highlighted by user-reported data errors.
- Interpret business requirements to create ad-hoc reports as requested by users.
- Consolidate business reports to use a single source of data where possible, to prevent the publishing of conflicting information.
- Consult with management, administrative and technical staff to determine information needs, data flows and system definitions.
Level of competence required for the role:
- Minimum 5 years working experience in DBA, SQL Development, SSIS, SSRS
- Degree in any one of the subjects.
- Computer Science
- Experience in database administration (DBA) within a Microsoft environment MCDBA certification desirable
- Advanced knowledge in SSIS and TSQL (On prem & Azure)
- Working experience with Azure SQL DB and Azure SQL Data warehousing
- Beginner to Intermediate knowledge in Power BI & TM1.
- Sound understanding of contemporary application development and data management principles and practices, including relational databases and data warehouse technologies, and the ability to learn new technologies and adapt to a changing IT environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including an ability to analyse client
- Requirements and produce customer focused outcomes.
- Safety: Takes personal responsibility for safety and actively promotes safety in the team and work environment
- Communication: Proactively engages team and individuals using a range of communication means.
- Customer Focus: Understands, anticipates and provides solutions to meet the needs of customers.
- Commerciality: Understands and seeks to improve the Company’s competitive position.
- Results Oriented: Strong drive to achieve results and exceed expectations.
- Solution Focused: Able to evaluate situations and apply effective solutions to problems. Challenges existing systems and processes.
Interested candidates, please send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org