- $110000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 19 days ago
- Design Manager to start in January 2021
- Must have experience in commercial/industrial projects
- Excellent opportunity to move to client side
The Design Manager will be responsible for the pre-construction design development and approval of new commercial and industrial focused properties, and the overall management and innovation of building design standards.
- Provide accurate sketch plans
- Review of existing town planning and existing condition drawings to accommodate client’s requirements.
- Preparation and transmittal of client briefs and brand standard appendices to external parties
- Provide design guidance and information to internal stakeholders and external consultants
- Review, negotiate, track and finalise changes in the client’s brief
- Ensure all drawings are compliant with the clients brief and agreement for lease documentation
- Assist with the handover, FF&E procurement process and construction phase queries.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an architectural business, with a focus on design management.
- Well-developed and broad understanding of building services and terminology.
- Working knowledge of BCA, town planning requirements, and Australian Standards.
- Experience with commercial and industrial focused projects.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with briefing / project managing consultants.
- Good understanding of quality control and acceptable standard of finish.
- An understanding of landlord / tenant obligations in leasing would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your design coordination skills in an industry with great career development potential.