- Sydney CBD
- $125000 - $140000 per annum
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
• Sydney CBD
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced lawyer to join the relatively small in-house team of a Government agency. The role/roles have arisen due to an increase in workloads and will involve you reporting into the Executive team and supporting more junior lawyers.
- Preparing legal advice on administrative law, statutory interpretation, with a focus on FOI and privacy law
- Providing legal advice to current business areas across development of policy, guidelines and procedures in privacy and FOI planning.
- Conducting IC reviews and privacy determinations and drafting privacy determinations
- Assisting with providing corporate legal services on a broad range of areas matters
- Building relationships and liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Mentoring more junior staff within the Legal Services Team
- Ideally a minimum of 4-7 years PQE gained from a reputable private practice firm, in-house or within Government
- Possess experience in administrative law, freedom of information and privacy law, litigation and/or other relevant areas of legal practice
- Previous experience working within a Government organisation would be viewed favourably but not essential
- Proven analytical and dispute resolution skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Enjoy building relationships across a diverse range of people and levels
- Strong decisions making and organisational skills
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a diverse role with exposure to the Executive level, working in an agile team with flexibility.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.