- Competitive salary
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
Our client is one of the Big 4, offering a working environment where differences are valued and respected. They are committed to their people and offer a number of mentoring programs and career development as well as flexible working.
Our client is looking for a Risk and Compliance Manager offering on a permanent, full time basis. The purpose of the Risk Management (RM) function is to protect and build the organisation’s brand, increase client confidence and enhance the success of our partners and staff. The RM team provides
coordinated advice and assistance on compliance and risk management issues.
You will be an independent, self-starter with strong customer service. You will thrive in a busy environment with diverse consultations and interactions. You will embrace change and be excited by the possibilities change brings. You enjoy variety and appreciate that each day may be quite different than you planned, as this is the nature of this diverse role.
The role is a flexible role where responsibilities will change from time to time and may includemanagement of or support on the following:
- Modern Slavery including responding to regular client due diligence questionnaires regarding services we provide, continual monitoring of compliance with Modern Slavery
- Program and connecting with local and Global stakeholders to improve compliance.
- Managing Law Society Compliance including managing compliance obligations in relation to the Law Practice including state law scheme memberships and practising certificate requirements, undertaking research on law society requirements and obligations and providing guidance and responding to queries from practising certificate holders.
- Professional Memberships including overseeing the Firm’s compliance of professional memberships for Partners and employees, managing the Firm’s participation in limitation of liability schemes
- Point of contact and subject matter expert for selected firm policies
- Supporting the wider RM team on a variety of risk and compliance issues and topics
- Deliver assigned projects with agreed outcomes; meet project milestones; provide timely updates
To be successful for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Knowledge of Risk Management and compliance management principles
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in risk or compliance, professional services background will be advantageous
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated experience in managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Sound business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage projects independently
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong executive presence, confidence and credibility
- Adapt to a rapidly changing business landscape
- The ability to execute new ideas, improvements, technologies and products
If you are interested in this role, please contact Vicky Winstanley at VickyWinstanley@future-you.com.au or click Apply Now.