- $85000 base plus super
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
- Executive Assistant / Office Manager
- Diversified role that is integral to the running of a busy and impactful organisation
- A vocational opportunity to lend expertise to a worthy cause
- Do you have a background or qualification in Psychology or Counselling?
A great organisation with a solid reputation for effecting positive change, our client leads the way in the provision of critical services to support growth, understanding and development. Priding themselves on collaboration and purpose, our client has a great culture that is warm, welcoming and supportive. You will have access to a pool of support from positive, mature, drama-free colleagues.
The Executive Assistant / Office Manager is a business-critical position that will oversee the day-to-day running of a busy office whilst supporting a senior Executive with daily activity. The responsibilities are as follows but not limited too:
- Diary / Calendar management
- Organise travel and accommodation
- Gate-keep with tact and decorum; know audience, anticipate need/ urgency
- Preparation of meeting agendas, papers and presentations, taking of minutes
- Track ministerial requests
- Reconciliation of expenses
- Work closely with EA to CEO and provide cover when required
- Vendor management - work closely with office suppliers and coordinate maintenance of services
- Facilities management - oversee security passes, report on any building issues, maintain planting, communicate office issues/upgrades to the business
- Manage office supply budget
- Manage the kitchen and basic supplies ordering and maintenance
- Ensure Board rooms cleanliness and preparation of all needs for senior management meetings
- Oversee any daily issues with office cleanliness and security issues and management
- Manage the Front of House Reception and operate as the first point of contact for both visitors in the office, and the incoming calls for head office
- Collection, recording and distribution of mail daily, and manage couriers in and outgoing
- Manage the incoming main line, and voice messages for all incoming callers – approximately 20 calls a day. Receive, respond, pass on and/ or action all incoming enquiries
- Be a part of the WHS Committee and First Aid trained
Ad-hoc support to the People and Culture team as required and if has capacity.
The successful candidate will be a competent Executive Assistant but an office all-rounder; someone who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in. A candidate who thrives in assisting others and keeping busy will do really well in this role. The non-negotiables for this role are as follows:
- Tier one communication skills and presentation. A polished and engaging candidate is sought who will essentially be the face of the organisation whilst also acting as an intermediary between the Executive Director and key/high profile external stakeholders. A strong sense of decorum and an innate ability and emotional intelligence to assess your audience is highly desired.
- Zero-precious attitude and willingness to work hard and chip in to achieve organisational goals. Our client value the strong culture that they have cultivated to serve the public and seek to appoint team members who align with these values.
- Decorum and strong stakeholder engagement. Know your audience, assess urgency, maintain relationships.
- At least five years experience in a similar position demonstrating ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- Experience supporting at the highest level of government with commercial acumen and drive desirable.
- An experienced EA who can anticipate need and has the ability to read between the lines where appropriate.
- Must have high proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite packages
- Ability to maintain organisational confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, team-player and “can-do” attitude
- Purposeful organisation
- Vocational opportunity
- Inspiring leaders and enviable culture
- Diversified role
- Start ASAP
Contact details - Ashley Duffy - 9195 2953