- $500 - $650 per day
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
- Top telco company
- Part-time: 3 days a week
- Initial 6 month contract with possible extension
Our client is a well-known telecommunications firm based in Macquarie Park. They provide services both to end users and acts as a wholesaler.
As the Category Manager you will have a strong background in sourcing and category management to help drive procurement activities. You will be responsible for the creation of category plans that proactively identify strategic sourcing opportunities. You will be required to participate in vendor selection, vendor negotiation and contract and vendor management.
- Develop strategies regarding Category sourcing, analyse and stream line transactional processes and policies and drive change management projects
- Understands demand drivers and has broad business perspective and understanding of business’ future requirements
- Able to challenge current specifications and sourcing methodologies
- Able to map existing supplier market and draw key insights on market place dynamic
- Pre-qualifies suppliers to mitigate risk
- Develop and coordinate sourcing activities. Manage and drive the end2end process for RFx and liaise with Risk, Legal and the Business to bring the contracts to an executable state.
- Shares knowledge and learning across the category management team openly
- Establish vendor governance model for strategic vendors
- Establish vendor selection criteria and evaluate vendor responses to select finalists
- Excellent negotiation skills
- 5+ years in procurement sourcing or category management experience
- Strong knowledge of relationship management, contracts negotiation and contract management
- Good understanding of costing and vendors commercial practices and accountabilities
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management
A great part- time opportunity for an experienced category manager to join a top telco organisation