- $170000 - $200000 per annum
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- Company Secretary/Head of Legal and Governance
- Not For Profit
- CBD Location
Our client is nationally recognised as a pillar of support to the Australian community through the provision of critical support and educational services. Currently undergoing a transformation, our client has a clear strategy to enhance their service offering, further developing relationships with stakeholders and to enhance organisational capability.
Located in Sydney's CBD, our client is seeking to appoint a Company Secretary/Head of Legal and Governance who will be responsible for supporting the group of companies in meeting its corporate governance and compliance obligations. This role will report into the COO and will involve leading a small team of subject matter experts in the delivery of effective and commercial governance related to matters impacting its Boards, Committees, Executive Leadership Team & companies in the Organisations Group. The position will also provide expert internal advice and oversight in relation to drafting of commercial contracts, and will be responsible for internal contracts, risk and compliance management.
- Preparing board papers, maintaining board minutes/resolutions and company registers, and ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements for corporate governance.
- Managing all statutory and regulatory notifications to ASIC, ACNC and state/territory bodies (for fundraising licenses and stamp duty exemptions)
- Maintaining the effectiveness of the Compliance registers and systems operating within the organisation including: Trademark; Privacy; Intellectual Property; Contracts; Information Security; Risk; Internal Audit; Insurance;
- Ensuring all audit and other reporting and regulatory obligation requirements are dealt with in a timely manner
- Assisting, reviewing and preparing annual reports and other public disclosure documents
- Managing key stakeholders including, but not limited to, the Board and Executives and Regulatory Bodies
- Manage the Group’s policy framework; for those policies and procedures relating to legal matters, insurance, compliance, risk, fraud prevention and procurement
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, grants, service agreements, service contracts and providing advice to internal stakeholders
- Supporting the COO to design and lead improvements to internal procurement policies and procedures
- Providing contract management advice to internal contract managers, including contract variations, performance management, risk mitigation and dispute resolution
- Assisting with any overflow of legal work as required
- Tertiary qualifications in law, ideally with at least 3 years practising as a lawyer, and Governance Institute of Australia qualification or recognition; or similar
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a similar corporate role
- A proven track record as a Company Secretary or Governance Advisor to Boards, Committees and Senior Management
- Demonstrated legal experience, with particular depth in commercial contracts
- Strong understanding of corporate governance issues (related legislation, regulatory requirements and best practice standards) and ability to apply these in a practical manner.
- Excellent commercial, communication and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to be results oriented and drive good stakeholder outcomes
- Strategic thinker
In return the role offers a challenging and varied opportunity working in a team environment with a great company culture.
To apply for this opportunity please click the apply now button below or contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.