- Sydney CBD
- $80000 - $95000 per annum
- Job Type
- 5 months ago
- Fast-tracking Professional Development: Clear progression pathway through clear & achievable goals
- Progressive Work Environment: Focused on digitisation, automation and continuous learning
- Rewarding Excellence: Performance bonus and heaps of incentives
Our client is a chartered accounting firm with an impressive positioning in the AFR top 100. With a long-standing reputation in the ANZ market and specialises in audit, accountancy, advisory and tax, this highly successful firm has enjoyed remarkable growth and profitability in the last financial year. This progressive organisation offers a fun and dynamic working environment while providing clear pathways for professional development. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with the management of a diverse range of public and private corporate entities and overseeing a fantastic team of juniors.
As well as experience in a similar role and environment, you will possess the ability to manage a busy workload and possess a strong client-centric focus. You will be a confident, motivated and personable individual and possess initiative. The firm will ensure that you have the utmost job satisfaction in your role, through exposure to a range of clients and issues of complexity. This role will suit an individual who derives satisfaction in being challenged at a high level and embraces regular training and learning opportunities.
As part of the Business Advisory team, you will engage with a diverse range of private and listed clients. Your duties will include:
- Preparation of general purpose and special purpose financial statements including cash flow statement for companies and trusts.
- Preparation of income tax returns for all entity types including trusts, companies, partnerships and individuals;
- Preparation of activity statements;
- Preparation of other statutory returns including Fringe Benefits Tax, Payroll Tax and Land Tax;
- Preparation of management reports;
- Liaising with the ATO and other government agencies;
- Assist with tax planning and tax advisory projects;
- Working with accounting software – APS/Xero/Intuit/MYOB;
- Identify, research and resolve issues associated with client work;
- Liaise with clients in a confident and professional manner; and
- Review work and supervise, mentor and delegate work to more junior staff.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 3+ years' previous experience in a Chartered Accounting firm
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
- CA qualifications, either already commenced or willingness to undertake CA qualifications, and a relevant university degree
- Ability to manage a busy workload together with a strong client service focus
- Drive and ambition to be innovative and maintain a continuous improvement mindset and strive for progression within the firm.
- Clear pathway to become a manager
- Modern systems and progressive work environment
- Advisory & value-add focused work
- Training and development for career advancement
- Merit-based promotion
- Positive culture, supportive team and manager
Interested? Click the 'Apply Now' button ASAP! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Alanagh Hunt in our Sydney office on (02) 9195 2950 or email