- $750 - $980 per day
- Job Type
- 16 days ago
- Top telco company
- ASAP start
- Initial 3-month contract with potential to extend
Our client is a well-known telecommunications firm based in Macquarie Park. They provide services both to end users and acts as a wholesaler.
As the IT Senior Category Manager you will have a strong background in sourcing and category management activities to help drive procurement activities across the group. The role will initiate and coordinate the strategic sourcing of one or more commodities/spend IT categories. This will be achieved through the creation of category plans that proactively identify strategic sourcing opportunities through analysis of internal requirements washed against external supply opportunities.
- Participate in vendor selection, conduct vendor negotiation, execute contracts and work closely with contract and vendor manager
- Develop strategies regarding Category sourcing, analyse and stream line transactional processes and policies and drive change management projects
- Understands demand drivers and has broad business perspective and understanding of business’ future requirements
- Able to challenge current specifications and sourcing methodologies to develop long term solutions aligned to the digital first strategy
- Able to map existing supplier market and draw key insights on market place dynamics
- Develops alternative suppliers or supply solutions where it effectively mitigates risk and ensures continuity of supply to business
- Develop and coordinate sourcing activities. Manage and drive the end2end process for RFx and liaise with Risk, Legal, Group IT and the Business to bring the contracts to an executable state
- Establish vendor governance model for strategic vendors with regular meetings to address Group IT activities against SLAs and address key performance issues with the supplier
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong IT knowledge
- 5+years category management or procurement sourcing experience in IT
- Contract negotiation skills and contract management
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in delivery by utilising the most effective endorsed vendor management model including effective project management practices
An opportunity for an experienced IT Category Manager to further their knowledge in the Telco industry.