- Sydney CBD
- Competitive salary
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- Not for Profit
- Reporting to Company Secretary/Head of Legal, Governance and Strategy
- CBD Location
Our client is nationally recognised as a pillar of support to the Australian community through the provision of critical support and educational services.
Currently undergoing a transformation, our client has a clear strategy to enhance their service offering, further developing relationships with stakeholders and to enhance organisational capability.
Located in Sydney's CBD, our client is committed to driving efficiency within the organisation to better service the end user and to achieve this, are seeking to appoint a Manager Risk and Compliance who will be responsible for supporting business in implementing effective risk management strategies to promote a strong and efficient internal control environment across the organisation.
The Manager Risk and Compliance is a newly created role. It will see you work proactively with staff in the organisation’s Head Office, providing advice, guidance and tools to support effective risk management, adherence to internal governance framework and policies, and procurement support and advice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting organisation to embed the organisation’s risk management framework
- Lead and manage the organisation’s Risk Management Policies and practice
- Facilitating workshops to undertake risk and control assessments and support organization in the development of key risk and compliance metrics to enable management to monitor performance and emerging risks
- Acting as an advisor on risk and compliance matters and guiding management in developing action plans to address current/emerging business risks and incidents
- Communication of relevant risk management information to increase awareness of robust risk management practices
- Develop and coordinate internal training on key compliance subject areas such as fraud prevention, contract management and risk analysis/mitigation
- Management of the organisation’s Internal Audit Program
- Tracking and ensuring follow up action on all issues and risks identified by internal audit
- Supporting organization to adopt procurement practices that adhere to internal policies and procedures
- Preparing briefings for the CEO and Audit & Risk Committee on audit findings, compliance matters
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- Tertiary education qualifications in accounting, commerce, business or economics
- CA, CPA or IIA preferable but not essential
- Minimum 5 years risk, governance or compliance experience
- Strong written communication skills including writing formal letters and management reports
- Outstanding internal consulting skills, stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of internal governance and control frameworks, concepts and application in a risk and audit context
- Experience in Internal and/or External Audit and/or business analysis is preferable
- Suitable level of financial, commercial, accounting, business analysis and project management knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of approaches to continuous quality improvement activities
- Advanced level of experience using Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe X Pro