- $130000 - $140000 per annum
- Job Type
- 2 months ago
- Legal Counsel – Disputes
- In-House - Leading Financial Services Organisation
- Sydney CBD – Competitive Remuneration
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced litigation lawyer to join the in-house legal team of a leading financial services organisation. Working closely with the senior legal counsel and reporting into the GC, this role will be responsible for Managing and supervising the customer dispute resolution team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that customer complaints are responded to appropriately and in compliance with ASIC Regulatory Guide 165.
- Working to AFCA time-frames and within its framework
- Attend conciliation meetings and mediations.
- Managing and delivering continuous process improvement including the complaints system
- Managing and escalating a range of disputes including in relation to commission payments, sale of business, breach of contract and disputes under the franchising code.
- Ideally 5-7 years’ PAE in general commercial litigation gained within a top-tier, mid-tier or in-house role.
- Proven experience dealing with a range of dispute matters
- Experience with consumer credit is advantageous but not essential
- Strong technical, strategic and managerial style
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.