- New South Wales
- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- 10 days ago
- Legal Counsel - Corporate/Commercial
- In-House - Top ASX Listed Organisation
- Sydney CBD – Competitive Remuneration
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced commercial lawyer to join the in-house legal team of a top ASX listed organisation. Reporting into the General Counsel, this role will be responsible for providing legal services on a broad range of legal issues, including providing independent legal advice to the internal business departments. You will also be required to provide assistance and support to the Company Secretary.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements.
- Providing advice across a variety of matters including general corporate law, banking law, Australian Competition and Consumer Act, franchising law, employment law and intellectual property law.
- Interacting and providing support to the business on new projects, new initiatives and regulatory change
- Providing assistance in relation to customer complaints
- Assisting and working with the Company secretary and supporting the board with all aspects of corporate governance
- Building relationships with key internal stakeholders and external panel firms.
- Ideally 5-7 years’ PAE in general corporate and commercial law gained within a top-tier, mid-tier or in-house role.
- Previous privacy and technology experience will also be viewed favourably
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- Highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.