- $190000 - $210000 per annum
- Job Type
- 15 days ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for an 8 + PAE general and commercial insurance lawyer with knowledge of general insurance products or broader financial services industry experience to join the in-house team of a leading insurer. You will be working closely with the General Counsel & Head of the Group in an experienced and established legal team. You will be involved in a breadth of general & retail insurance, coverage & policy wording as well as regulatory work
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing & leading strategic and complex commercial insurance advice to internal stakeholders, including interpreting & providing advice on various legislation including but not limited to: the Insurance Contracts Act, Insurance Act & Corporations Act (Chapter 7);
- Advising on general insurance products, claims, coverage & commercial contracts issues as well as licensing requirements (specifically in relation to ASIC/APRA);
- Drafting, reviewing and amending policy wording as well as updating Product Disclosure statements;
- End to end project management & assistance with complex, large-scale insurance contracts;
- Ability to effectively manage external Counsel; and
- Advising on regulatory reform & monitoring legislative changes in this area.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 8 years’ PAE in corporate or general insurance gained within the financial services space;
- Prior exposure advising on the Insurance Contracts Act, Corporations Act (Chapter 7) & policy wording, PDS agreements and general commercial contracts;
- Knowledge of general insurance products, claims, coverage & general advisory work;
- Familiarity with & practical application of recent regulatory reform/legislation in this area;
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills with a solutions focused approach;
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- A host of benefits and incentives.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive team environment.
- Flexibility and autonomy.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.