- $130000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 29 days ago
- Legal Counsel - Corporate/Commercial
- In-House - Top ASX Listed Organisation
- Sydney CBD – Competitive Remuneration
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a corporate lawyer to join the in-house legal team of a global insurance company. Reporting into the General Counsel, this role will be responsible for providing legal services on a broad range of commercial legal issues, supporting all areas of the business including retail insurance, commercial insurance and underwriting.
Your responsibilities will include:
Drafting and negotiating contracts and commercial agreements.
- Providing advice across a variety of matters including financial services, insurance, privacy, consumer and competition law, IP and employment law.
- Drafting and editing contracts and arrangements including service agreements and customer contracts
- Reporting and staying abreast of legislation effecting the business
- Building relationships with key internal stakeholders and external panel firms.
- Ideally 2-5 years’ PAE in general corporate law gained within a top-tier, mid-tier or in-house role.
- Preferably knowledge of insurance lawyer, including Chapter 7, consumer and competition law, contract law and ASIC guidelines
- Strong analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to work well autonomously and as part of a team.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.