- $130000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 3 months ago
- In-house Insurance Legal Counsel – 2-5 PAE
- Australia Pacific reach
- Career advancement prospects internally
A unique opportunity has arisen for a general insurance lawyer with retail insurance & regulatory experience with at least 2-5 years’ PAE to join the in-house team of a leading global insurer. Working closely with the General Counsel & Company Secretary in an experienced and established legal team. You will be involved in a breadth of general insurance, retail insurance, coverage & policy wording as well as regulatory work.
Supporting a team of four Deputy General Counsel’s, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing practical and commercial legal advice and support as required to all areas of the business, including retail insurance, commercial insurance & underwriting.
- Providing legal advice on a range of issues including but not limited to insurance, privacy, IP, competition & consumer law as well as employment law.
- Drafting & reviewing contracts and arrangements including service agreements & customer contracts
- Research & review of the legislative impact of applicable law, regulatory requirements & reform, taking into account risk factors.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 2-5 years’ PAE in commercial or retail insurance gained within private practice or an in-house insurer;
- A solid understanding of insurance & financial services law, including Chapter 7 of the Corporations Act, consumer and competition law, ASIC guidelines and APRA prudential standards.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to confidentially review/draft/advise on commercial agreements.
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An accelerated career promotional path internally.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.