- New South Wales
- $100000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for a 3-5 PAE corporate insurance lawyer ideally with financial services regulatory experience to join the in-house team of a leading insurer. You will be working closely with the General Counsel & Deputy General Counsel in an experienced and established legal team. You will be involved in a breadth of general insurance, retail insurance, coverage & policy wording as well as regulatory work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic and complex commercial insurance advice to internal stakeholders, including interpreting & providing advice on various legislation including but not limited to: the Insurance Contracts Act, Insurance Act & Corporations Act (Chapter 7);
- Advising on insurance policies/policy wording & issues in response to the pandemic;
- Drafting, reviewing & updating Product Disclosure statements;
- End to end project management & assistance with complex, large-scale insurance contracts;
- Ability to effectively manage external Counsel; and
- Advising on regulatory reform & monitoring legislative changes in this area.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 3-5 years’ PAE in corporate/retail insurance or financial services regulatory gained within a top-tier Law firm, leading insurance firm or in-house insurer/reinsurer;
- Prior exposure to advising on the Insurance Contracts Act & policy wording;
- A good understanding of recent regulatory reform/legislation in this area;
- Familiarity with the Corporations Act (particularly Chapter 7) & Product Disclosure Statements;
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills with a solutions focused approach;
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An accelerated career promotional path.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.