- Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- 12 months ago
Leading player in the Australian market.
Our client has created a new position for a Development Manager to bring in uniformity and contribute to the growth of the ongoing business. Join a small expanding team. As an experienced Development Manager you have worked your way up the ladder from Technical guru to someone that enjoys learning from and leading your team. You are delivery focused and comfortable combining operational and project-based outcomes, all in a constantly changing environment. This is a Senior role and would suit someone that is also looking to expand their influence and contribute at a strategic level across the broader business. As a key part of our leadership team you will have a say in what we are and most importantly, what we will become.
The purpose of this role is to lead, and people manage a team of Developers as well as take on some hands-on application development tasks with a 50/50 split between these two key focus areas. The team are responsible for the design, development, testing and deployment of cutting-edge applications that support mission critical deliverables across the business.
- Ensure that digital platforms are well-architected, maintainable, scalable and secure.
- Proactively manage team members with respect to distributing work, supervising progress and code reviews.
- Perform hands-on development tasks following the software development lifecycle.
- Analyses feasibility of and resources required for solutions, including analysis of compatibility/overlap with existing system.
- Leading and Developing our IT capabilities, from current to future technologies.
- Mentoring your team, a small group but with great abilities.
- Contributing your ideas.
- Strategic engagement, with Board and other key Stakeholders.
- A preference for working in fast paced environments with fluid requirements.
- Strong Communications skills, ability to speak to humans across all parts of the business
- Is a competent leader and thrives on coaching staff to reach their full potential.
- Strong Commercial understanding.
- Agile/SCRUM delivery.
- Experience of HTML5, CSS(Less/Sass) essential.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS or Azure.
- Experience with both SQL and No-SQL databases.
- Design and deliver strategies that place customers at the centre of business decisions.
- Work with diverse and high-performance colleagues.
- Be part of an enriching culture born on values, purpose, imagination and spirit.
- Flexible working environment.
Click the 'Apply Now' button ASAP! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Corin Roberts in our Sydney office on (02) 9195 2929.