- Macquarie Park
- $500 - $750 per annum
- Job Type
- 10 months ago
- Top telco company
- Category Manager of Indirect categories
- Initial 6 month FTC, view to go permanent
Our client is a well-known telecommunications firm based in Macquarie Park. They provide services both to end users and acts as a wholesaler and this role will support the Digital and Corporate business units.
As the category manager you will be responsible for sourcing and category management activities looking after a variety of spend categories in the indirect space. You will be creating category plans to identify strategic sourcing opportunities through analysis of internal requirements and external supply opportunities. Mainly they will be involved in vendor selection, vendor negotiation, execute contracts and manage relationships internally as well as external suppliers.
- Develop category strategies
- Facilitate complex negotiations
- Understands demand drivers and business requirements
- Challenge current specifications and sourcing methodologies to develop long term solutions
- Map supplier market and pre-qualify to mitigate risk
- Develop and coordinate sourcing activities
- Establish vendor governance model for strategic vendors
- Deliver cost benefits to the business
- 5+ years of category management / strategic sourcing
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Contract negotiation and management
- Thorough understanding of costing and vendors commercial practices and accountabilities.
- Understanding of business and industry in which the organisation operates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, internal customers, management and peers.
- Sets benchmarks of quality, cost and delivery effectiveness.
- Successfully manages clients/vendors relationship through managing expectations.
- Experience in delivery by utilising the most effective endorsed vendor management model including effective project management practices.
An opportunity for an experienced Category Manager to further their knowledge in the Telco industry.