- Job Type
- 2 months ago
3 MONTHS TEMP with possible extensions
IMMEDIATE START WEEK OF 27th JULY, 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE
To be technological and process champions within the client group to ensure that the immediate team executes projects and processes efficiently and cohesively. The role will require strong technical competencies.
Helpdesk and Local Support:
- Ensure that locally assigned tickets are being handled based upon priorities and agreed SLA’s and ensure that effective and appropriate level of support is provided to the client’s user base.
- Provide feedback on resolution of tickets and provide appropriate suggestions if improvements to existing processes are required.
- As an escalation point for incidents and requests that cannot be handled by standard or agreed processes.
- Aid in cost control and providing feedback on budget execution plans.
- Approach each Service Request with an effective resolution that includes both technical and cost elements baked in.
Strategies, Policies & Procedures:
- Implement and follow agreed GIS (Global Information Systems) policies and processes.
Projects and Global Working:
- Ensure GIS projects under direct control are completed within specification, to satisfactory quality, on time and within budget.
- Champion good process documentation and technical excellence is shown in concluding GIS projects.
- Assist in successfully delivering projects to external clients whenever required.
Skills & Qualifications
• Experienced in working as a senior member of a GIS team and working together despite the disparate locations and cultures.
• Being able to recommend new ways of working (not necessarily related to a technical solution only) or processes to improve on the effectiveness of the local/global GIS Team.
• Good in communication and able to translate ideas and technical processes into easily consumable action points for the client user base as and when appropriate.
• The client technical strategy is for a Microsoft first approach supplemented by applications from other vendors to meet specific business needs. We expect the job holder to:
• Be strong in certain IT technical foundations and have a deep understanding on how these various technologies work and inter-relate.
• Desktop, Laptops Hardware
• Windows OS (server & client)
• Office 365
• Skype for Business (client)
• Printers (print server & devices)
• Active Directory Infrastructure
• IT Security fundamentals
Interested candidates, reach out to email@example.com