- New South Wales
- $120000 - $160000 per annum
- Job Type
- 9 months ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for a general insurance lawyer with retail insurance & regulatory experience with at least 3-6 years’ PAE to join the in-house team of a leading global insurer on a 12 month contract basis. Working closely with the General Counsel & Company Secretary in an experienced and established legal team. You will be involved in a breadth of general insurance, retail insurance, coverage & policy wording as well as regulatory work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing practical and complex commercial insurance advice to internal stakeholders, including interpreting & providing advice on various legislation including but not limited to: the Insurance Contracts Act, Unfair Contract Terms Act & Corporations Act (Chapter 7);
- Drafting Product Disclosure statements, as well as policy drafting & providing coverage advice;
- End to end project management & mitigation of risk in line with applicable law, regulatory requirements & reform.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 3-6years’ PAE in general or retail insurance gained within private practice or an in-house insurer;
- Proven expertise in practical advice in relation to insurance policy issues;
- A good understanding of financial services/regulatory law, consumer/competition law and unfair contract terms;
- Familiarity with the Corporations Act, Insurance Contracts Act & ASIC guidelines and APRA prudential standards;
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills with a solutions focused approach;
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An accelerated career promotional path internally.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.