- $180000 - $225000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Experienced Legal Counsel
- In-house – Global Company
- Market Competitive Salary
An opportunity has arisen to join a global company as a senior legal counsel. Reporting into the General Counsel and Company Secretary this opportunity will involve providing commercially focused legal advice to the Australian and New Zealand business. It will also entail keeping the business up to date on a variety of legal and compliance issues and educating them on what matters they need to be aware of.
- Providing legal advice in respect to a wide range of matters impacting the Australian and New Zealand business
- Reviewing and negotiating Contracts and procurement related matters
- Assisting with Construction and development and general commercial law and competition and regulatory updates
- Keeping abreast of emerging law and providing advice on any potential risk/impact on the ANZ operations.
- Managing and instructing external lawyers
- Working with the General Counsel, and other members of the legal team to provide compliance training.
- Ideally a minimum of 5-10 years PQE.
- Proven experience in commercial and contract law
- Preferably exposure to contract law, dispute resolution and competition law.
- Possess the ability to work with and influence people at all levels
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment
The role is the chance to join a small and collegiate legal team as part of a global organisation, with exposure to key stakeholders.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.