- New South Wales
- $135780 per annum
- Job Type
- 28 days ago
- Senior Research and Policy Officer
- Education sector
- Undertake research and analysis to identify emerging policy issues
- Support the organisation's government relations and stakeholder engagement strategy
A leading player within the education sector. Our client has a significant responsibility for the delivery of educational services in line with statutory legislation.
Reporting into the Executive Director, the Senior Policy and Research Officer responsibilities are as follows:
- Undertaking research and analysis to identify emerging policy issues, and review policy options and proposals to inform business decision making
- Researching and preparing briefings, submissions and papers for the Executive Director and key stakeholders
- Providing expert policy and legal advice and information, building stakeholder understanding to facilitate the appropriate interpretation and implementation of policies
- Supporting government relations and stakeholder engagement strategy, in particular with statutory authorities
- Coordinating response to state and national education, privacy, family and related laws which will include an assessment of existing system documents, processes and policies
- Responding to complex privacy, family and compliance issues raised by schools, the community and the CEO including providing general advice and support on a range of governance regulatory matters.
To be successful in this application, you will have experience in similar roles, a solid understanding of privacy, education and family law, a consultative approach and will thrive working within a high-performing team.
- High valued position reporting directly into Executive Director
- Permanent opportunity
- Well respected organisation with high integrity
- Competitive Salary package
Contact details - Ashley Duffy - 9195 2953