- New South Wales
- $150000 - $170000 per annum
- Job Type
- over 1 year ago
- Legal Counsel
- Financial Services Lawyer
- In-House – Global Bank
A leading global bank is seeking an experienced financial services lawyer to join their experienced and established team. The opportunity will be reporting into the General Counsel. This is a key role within the legal team providing legal support to the heads of business and partnering with the various leadership teams to provide technical legal advice, support and control including on: contract drafting and negotiation; product development and approval; corporate governance; legal policy development and implementation; and key legal risk management.
- Assisting in the negotiation and establishment of agreements for new clients or new deals with existing clients
- Providing legal and regulatory advice to the business on new products and services
- Keeping the business up to date on regulatory issues and advising on risks in Australia and New Zealand
- Assisting in the review, negotiation and drafting of agreements with sub-custodians and other service providers, including IT vendors.
- Drafting legal disclaimers, reviewing incident reports and providing legal advice in respect of good value claims.
- Assisting the General Counsel on various project based assignments and initiatives
- Liaising with the business and external counsel.
- Ideally a minimum of 5yrs PQE gained in-house or from a well-regarded private practice firm
- Financial services experience and an understanding of the financial services regulatory framework
- Previous legal experience with banking and securities preferred.
- Proven ability to manage competing deadlines and make decisions
- Superior commercial and communication skills.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
The role offers the chance to make your first move-in-house or take the next step in your in-house career. It offers the chance to work in a collegiate team with flexible working.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.