- Sydney CBD
- Executive Salary
- Job Type
- 10 months ago
- CBD Location
- Reporting to Chief Operating Officer
- Key business enabler during time of transformation
Our client is nationally recognised as a pillar of support to the Australian community through the provision of critical support and educational services.
Currently undergoing a structural transformation, our client has a clear strategy to enhance their service offering, further develop relationships with stakeholders and to enhance organisational capability.
Located in Sydney's CBD, our client is committed to driving efficiency within the organisation to better service the end user and to achieve this, are seeking to appoint a Head of People and Culture to provide leadership and strategic management in the planning and delivery of the Human Resources and Organisational Culture, aligned with the corporate strategy. It will see you act as a key business enabler during a time of transformation.
The Head of People and Culture reports directly into the Chief Operating Officer and will provide effective support in all people related matters. To develop effective HR practices that support business goals and ensure company values are reflected in all people practices.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s People & Culture strategy and drive initiatives to improve organisational performance and culture for all staff
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to the COO and Executive Leadership Team on the range of people, culture, performance issues and strategies
- Provide expert advice on broader organisational and workforce development issues, including legislative compliance, legal and industrial relations matters, communications issues, and emerging trends
- Oversight of programs and initiatives that facilitate leadership development, talent management, succession planning and continued professional development
- Drive and advise on cost effective labour solutions within budget constraints, and develop labour cost reporting (in conjunction with Finance) which provides clear and transparent tracking of labour costs relative to forecast and budget
- Actively working to build the reputation of the Corporate Services division as a team of Trusted Advisors who enable the success of the organisation and its leaders
- Management of facilities and administrative support staff and functions.
- Review, maintain and develop HR policies and procedures to embed best practice HR processes throughout the business
- Pre-empt new recruitment with approved organisational design changes as necessary, seeing all new recruitment as an opportunity for organisational design improvement
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- Relevant business tertiary qualification or HR certificate, or equivalent HR and people management experience
- Extensive senior level experience in HR, including demonstrated experience in renumeration planning, HR systems, performance appraisal, talent management and retention planning
- Strong written communication skills including writing formal letters and management reports
- Demonstrated commercial/analytical mindset and partnering with Finance in relation to managing overall labour cost expense and advising the business on cost effective labour solutions
- Working knowledge of AU Employment Legislation
- Experience in Board and senior executive reporting on People and Culture matters
- Experience in advising on Leadership development at middle and senior levels of the organisation
- Depth of experience in managing effective recruitment and selection processes
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button.