- New South Wales
- $180000 - $220000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Salary and Flexibility
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- Senior Legal Counsel (ANZ)
- In-house – Global Company
- Great Culture with a competitive package and flexibility
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global accommodation specialist as Senior Legal Counsel ANZ . The role will be reporting into the Group General Counsel and is responsible for providing legal advice to the Australian business with a particular focus on all matters affecting the operational business.
- Providing legal advice in respect to many matters impacting the Australian and New Zealand operations
- Reviewing Property law and leasing, including residential tenancies
- Reviewing and negotiating Contracts and procurement related matters
- Providing legal advice across Trade practices and consumer protection law,Intellectual property rights, such as copyright, Data protection and privacy
- Providing advice on Employment law and employment related claims
- Assisting with Finance law, Construction and development and General commercial law and regulatory updates
- Keeping abreast of emerging law and providing advice on any potential risk/impact on the ANZ operations.
- Work with the Group General Counsel, other members of the Legal Team and the Risk team to put in place a revised Compliance Framework
- Ideally a minimum of 5-10 years PQE.
- Proven experience in commercial and contract law and ideally at least
- Experience across other areas of law identified above with be advantageous as will previous in-house experience
- Proven exposure ot a transnational environment
- Superior communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Preferably an understanding of compliance frameworks
- Proven high energy and driven attitude
return the role offers the chance to join a highly experience and collegiate legal team.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.