- New South Wales
- $170000 - $180000 per annum, Benefits: Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- 30 days ago
- Senior Compliance Manager
- International Bank
- Working closely with the business and stakeholders
A leading international bank based in Sydney is looking for a Senior Compliance Manager to join their established and experienced compliance team which is responsible for providing subject matter expertise on compliance matters across all business units in AU. With increasing regulation impacting the bank this role will involve , working closely with the business to drive Compliance awareness and assist in building accountability throughout the organisation in line with the agreed risk culture.
- Providing support to the Head of Compliance regarding relevant components of the Compliance framework and providing advice and training to the business units.
- Plan and facilitate policy implementation
- Responsible for ensuring the various compliance registers are up to date
- Monitoring and reporting on the level of compliance with requirements of laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Assisting with the input and completion of relevant / required reports to Boards, Committees, Group, Management and Business Units as required.
- Providing input and guidance to Group Policies and standards as well as undertaking gap analysis
- Responsible for training and upskilling the compliance team in the area of incident analysis, licensing and relevant law and regulation.
- Acting as an SME in the delivery, of Compliance-related training.
- Ideally a minimum 8 - 10 years Banking, Compliance and / or Risk Management experience gained within the Financial Services Industry
- Business, Economics or legal qualification
- Demonstrated expertise in risk and control practices.
- In depth understanding of Compliance requirements and practices within global banking and financial institutions
- Understanding of financial economic crime compliance requirements and practices in the Australian and New Zealand financial services sector
- Solid understanding of Australian and New Zealand regulatory environment and requirements
- Knowledge of local compliance requirements with a focus of financial economic crime
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Proven ability to work to competing deadlines and work well within in a team environment.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large 0434 294 665.