- Dandenong South
- $120000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 year ago
- Are you ready to be part of a strategic Supply Chain Transformation?
- Join a business experiencing amazing growth
- Greenfield opportunity to partner with an Iconic Australian Brand
With the purpose to nourish with clean, accessible and delicious, locally made food, to proudly serve to Australian families; Kinrise is thinking differently about food. From humble beginnings, Cobs Popcorn has become one of Australia’s fastest growing organic brands.
The business is now seeking an experienced Procurement and Planning Manager to further develop and improve the overall supply chain planning function and help set up the systems and processes to allow for further growth and expansion. This is a new position within the organisation and offers a greenfield opportunity for the right candidate.
This role is responsible for the production planning and raw materials procurement and purchasing to ensure all customer orders are executed efficiently and on time. This includes short term and long term scheduling and supporting the inventory function to ensure the robust and effective sourcing of raw materials to meet site production demand.
Additional day-to-day tasks include:
- Collaborate with Demand to use forecast data to develop and maintain an efficient, achievable production plan (in SAP) that meets the customers’ needs.
- Effective translation of the production plan into a short-term finite schedule.
- Using forecast data to create a rough-cut capacity plan for the 3-6 months for all production lines.
- Engage with stakeholders from production, quality, warehousing, and sales to ensure plan is up to date, achievable, and will meet our customers’ needs. Including working with Manufacturing and Warehousing teams crewing requirements and rosters to maximise DIFOT, minimise equipment change over, and ensure safety.
- Provide accurate information on inventory holdings, stocks of obsolete materials, and work with vendors and Sales to reduce stock obsolescence.
- Scheduling into the production plan maintenance, training, asset care, CIP’s etc as agreed with the Manufacturing Manager.
- Ensure timely and accurate forecasts are provided to vendors on a periodic basis or when requested and liaise with vendors and procurement to ensure smooth raw materials management.
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary degree in a technical or business-related discipline and at least 5+ years’ experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment. You will be highly proficient in forecasting specifically in relation to FMCG production planning coupled with an in-depth knowledge of S&OP. A strong understanding of SAP will be critical.