- Sydney CBD
- $11000 - $120000 per annum
- Job Type
- 6 months ago
- 100% tax advisory role – corporate clients ($25m-$500m turnover)
- Pathway to progress to manager in firm
- Performance incentives
Our client is a business and tax advisory firm in the CBD, who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Their clients are ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth clients. The firms high-performing tax advisory team have the right combination of knowledge, global reach, integrity and expertise to help their clients succeed.
The firm are seeking an Assistant Tax Manager or Tax Supervisor who is keen to step into a highly stimulating tax consulting role. This role would suit someone who has a passion for providing expert-led advice to larger corporate clients and entrepreneurial investors (client turnover range between $25 - $500 m). The primary responsibility will be to deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of corporate clients, which would suit an individual who thrives working with a dynamic and fluid workload. Career progression to Tax Manager and beyond would be expected at the appropriate time, subject to experience, performance, appraisal and assessment. The position will involve and is not limited to the below tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for all day to day tax compliance and advisory affairs of corporate clients, whilst being supervised by Senior Manager/Partner, including communicating with clients
- Providing tax consultation and writing advice for clients (for example: transaction advice – new business ventures, international tax, business restructuring etc.).
- Act as a key point of contact within the firm for your client portfolio, together with more senior team members. This will involve responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided, and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- To ensure assignments are completed within agreed budgets and keep client/ Senior Manager/Partner informed of WIP position on a regular basis.
- Management of portfolio of clients, the control of billings and cash collection within the firm’s criteria.
- Ensure that the firm’s quality control procedures are adhered to including appropriate review of work.
- Identify risk and business development opportunities to senior members of team
- Will work as part of a team with other tax managers within the business group, and provide support to the rest of the tax team
- Significant understanding of and previous experience in a tax advisory role
- Maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
- Ability to manage a client portfolio
- To actively seek opportunities for business development to existing clients
- Some experience of dealing with client senior management
- Educated to degree level, and/or CTA and/or CA qualified or equivalent. Seeking to pursue Master of Tax qualification.
- Clear pathway to become Tax Manager
- Performance incentives
- Ownership of a large portfolio of corporate clients
Interested? Click the 'Apply Now' button ASAP! If you have any questions or would like to have a confidential discussion, please call Alanagh Hunt in our Sydney office on (0401) 805 610 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org