- $120000 per annum
- Job Type
- 10 months ago
- Supply Chain Manager required for global food manufacturer
- Excellent opportunity in a rapidly growing company
- Excellent remuneration and career opportunities
Our client is a locally owned and operated vertically integrated food manufacturer, who supplies world class food products to local retailers.
Due to very strong double-digit demand growth over the past 5 years, the company is projected to double in size over the next 3 years. This increased demand has led to recent investments in brand new production machinery, warehousing facilities, smart software and highly advanced monitoring equipment.
My client is now seeking an experienced Supply Chain Manager to further develop and improve the overall supply chain function and help set up the systems and processes to allow for further growth and expansion. This is a new position within the organisation and offers a greenfield opportunity for the right candidate.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be the planning, controlling and scheduling of all supply, production and logistics activities to ensure targets with regards to service levels, inventory, capacity and delivery are met and exceeded.
Additional day-to-day tasks include:
- Balancing supply with demand for two production sites nationally to ensure demand is met
- Helping to produce rolling production and inventory plans across each product family
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and processes
- Be an integral part of the S&OP process, sense check the sales forecast
- Help to define and implement a new inventory management system
- Improve warehouse utilisation and inventory flow, and manage inbound and outbound deliveries
- Manage small internal delivery fleet, review and improve delivery routes and plan for future growth
- Review and update 3PL agreements for interstate and international deliveries
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary degree in a technical or business-related discipline and at least 5+ years’ experience as a Supply Chain Manager within an FMCG manufacturing environment.
You will have some previous exposure to S&OP, a strong continuous improvement focus, and a strategic, persistent mindset. A good working knowledge of Excel is essential.
This position provides the opportunity to join a rapidly growing and dynamic SME business with global reach and ambitions, as well as the chance to optimize and develop the Supply Chain function to a world class level, in an environment that values and rewards success and commitment.
You will have a large impact in a business which provides a lot of autonomy and freedom. This is essentially a greenfield opportunity with a highly successful business in a rapidly growing area, a rarity in the current job market.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Joe Vize on 03 8547 1331 or email directly at email@example.com.