- New South Wales
- $150000 - $175000 per annum
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
A unique opportunity has arisen for a senior corporate insurance lawyer with proven reinsurance experience and at least 6 years’ PAE to join the in-house team of a leading insurer. Working closely with the Deputy General Counsel and Head of Insurance, Reinsurance & Distribution in an experienced and established legal team. You will be involved in a breadth of general insurance, reinsurance & distribution law as well as coverage & corporate governance/regulatory work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic and complex commercial insurance advice to internal stakeholders, including interpreting & providing advice on various legislation including but not limited to: the Insurance Contracts Act, Insurance Act & Corporations Act (Chapter 7);
- Drafting Product Disclosure statements, as well as policy drafting;
- End to end project management & assistance with complex, large-scale insurance & reinsurance matters;
- Ability to effectively manage external Counsel; and
- Advising on regulatory reform & monitoring legislative changes in this area.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally 6-8 years’ PAE in corporate insurance gained within a top-tier, leading insurance firm or in-house insurer/reinsurer;
- Proven expertise in reinsurance work (including collateral structured arrangements) either from a private practice or an in-house environment;
- Advanced understanding of general insurance sector & financial services/regulatory law;
- Familiarity with the Corporations Act (particularly Chapter 7) & Product Disclosure Statements;
- Commercially minded with strong project management skills with a solutions focused approach;
- Excellent negotiation & communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- An accelerated career promotional path.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Camilla Overall on 029 195 2981/0421 171 391.