- Sydney CBD
- market salary
- Job Type
- about 1 year ago
Our client is currently undertaking a significant amount of process automation and digitization in multiple areas of the business and are looking for a Precedents Automation Manager to seek out, develop, and help implement these initiatives through document automation.
You will also be responsible for updating the firm's legal precedent database in line with new legislation and case law, using Microsoft Word and DocAssist. You will also be responsible for driving the creation of new precedents (and seeking guidance/approval from the firm’s precedent committee) across all practices and the transfer of current precedents to a centrally managed and accessible location.
You will also be required to train the user base on DocAssist, including the creation of cheat sheets and user guides.
Objectives of this Role
• Developing and maintaining processes, documentation and precedent.
• Document design and coding via content controls.
• Conducting system testing and upgrades in conjunction with IT and external providers.
• Maintenance of styles and templates.
• Working with IT and external providers closely to integrate the firms Precedents into the system.
• Communicating precedent changes and updates to the firm.
• Handling enquiries and administering support.
• Providing precedent help-desk support.
• Preferable usage of DocAssist (however training will be provided by the vendor).
• Creating/editing Precedents, allocating correct metadata.
Skills and Qualifications
• Previous legal precedent experience is essential and you must be familiar with document automation systems.
• A strong technical understanding of Microsoft Office is essential.
• Knowledge of database applications such as Aderant will be highly regarded.
• Experience coding in Microsoft Word is desirable.
• A keen eye for detail, strong organisational abilities and excellent communication skills.