- New South Wales
- $175000 - $200000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
- In-house senior legal counsel role
- Industry-leading, financial services business
- General corporate commercial focus across the Group
- 12 Month FTC
Our client a leading financial services organisation is seeking a Senior Legal Counsel. This will be reporting into the Deputy General Counsel and working within their collegiate and focused legal team in Sydney. You will be responsible for contributing to the strategy and success of business operations through the provision of expert legal advice to key stakeholders and project teams.
- Drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts
- Providing advice on contract law
- Managing, negotiating & advising the business on a range of commercial IT agreements
- Advising and reviewing intellectual property matters and privacy law
- Keeping the business up to date on regulatory issues
- Mentoring and managing more junior lawyers in the team
- Liaising closely with the business and external counsel.
- Ideally a minimum of 7 years PQE gained in-house or from a respected private practice firm.
- Broad ranging corporate, regulatory and/or commercial law experience
- Prior exposure to commercial IT agreements
- Resilient with a calm demeanour & a solutions-focused approach.
- Strong interpersonally with an ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Opportunity for promotion internally.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- A host of other benefits.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.