- $150000 - $170000 per annum
- Job Type
- 10 days ago
- Inner north, 10 minutes from CBD
- Opportunity for equity within 2 years
- Onsite car park and 2 minute walk from the station
FutureYou is partnering with a highly regarded boutique firm based in Melbourne’s inner north. This firm has a varied base of long-standing clients, with a good mix of SMEs and larger clients with up to $300mil turnover. The firm is located in the heart of a busy precinct filled with shops, restaurants, bars, doctors and other small businesses.
This team has a strong focus on training, regularly sending their accountants to events such as XeroCon, NTAA seminars, CPA Public Practice Forums and other adhoc seminars/conferences. The firm also has a very close relationship with a Top 10 mid-tier that offers a lot of support and resources. You will be working in a firm with a strong social culture, featuring monthly outings, quarterly events and very lavish EOFY and Xmas functions.
Due to rapid growth, this business is seeking an experienced Senior Manager/Director to oversee a portfolio of approximately $1.5mil in fees. You will be responsible for managing a team of accountants and building client relationships. Further, the responsibilities for this role include:
- Preparation and review of financial statements and taxation returns
- Structuring for tax effectiveness and asset protection
- Tax consulting and business advisory
- Management of internal and client communications
- Managing client relationships and own client base
- Lead, mentor and coach your team
- Conduct Business Development and Marketing
- On-boarding of new clients
- Management of WIP and preparing workflow budgets.
- Exposure to complex and high profile clients
- Utilise best practice suite of cloud based software and systems
Suitable candidates for this role will ideally have:
- You must have a CA/CPA qualification
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within Australian Public Practice
- Previous experience in a management or director role within business services
- Utilise excellent communication with a great attention to detail and accuracy
- You will always maintain the highest standard of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
- Ability to create, build and maintain client and staff relationships
- Strong knowledge in tax and accounting
For a confidential chat, call Tom Miles on 0412 995 104.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.