- Sydney CBD
- $165000 - $180000 per annum
- Job Type
- 9 months ago
- Legal Counsel – Construction
- Multinational Company
- In- House – Career Development
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a multinational company for a legal counsel to provide support to the business on all aspects of construction and infrastructure projects, procurement and supply - from tender review to dispute management and mitigation strategies. You will also provide support to the Group General Counsel and senior management on a diverse range of legal matters.
- Drafting, negotiation and review of tenders and contracts including for complex infrastructure projects.
- Drafting, negotiation and review of procurement and capital works contracts
- Working with the team and General Counsel on a range of strategic projects.
- Supporting the business on major projects.
- Supporting the project/contract administration and dispute resolution requirements of the business
- Advising on regulatory issues, including competition and consumer law issues.
- Advising on corporate law issues.
- Instructing and managing external legal service providers as required.
- Ideally 5-7+ years’ experience gained within a renowned law firm or in-house organisation
- Depth of experience in construction and / or infrastructure law.
- Proven ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to process information and make decisions within tight time-frames.
- Strong problem solving skills
- The ability to work well in a close knit team environment and independently when required.
The role would be ideal for an experienced lawyer looking to transition into a dynamic team that has excellent relationships with key stakeholders and be a trusted advisor to the business. The role offers opportunity for growth and flexibility
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.