- $230000 - $260000 per annum
- Job Type
- about 1 month ago
As the Construction Director you will work closely with the development team to set up the project up prior to construction.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be required to:
- Work in consultation with management and project teams to prepare and document design briefs and standards, typical details and specifications for application across projects;
- Manage the delivery of multiple projects to defined budget, program and quality parameters and ensure that works are designed and undertaken cost effectively while maintaining compliance to all applicable statutory requirements;
- Regularly review construction works and resolve discrepancies or ambiguities in design documentation and construction materials or techniques;
- Manage effectively the integration of site preparation & site remediation works;
- Provide informed advice regarding any proposed alternative methodologies and substitutions suggested by contractors;
- Coordinate and facilitate Buildability and Value Management Reviews; and
- Ensure that RFI's and approval submissions are responded to in a timely manner.
Coming from a professional background in construction the successful candidate will exhibit a strong aptitude for:
- Experience as a Project Manager with high-end residential developments;
- Tertiary qualification in property or a building related discipline is a requirement;
- Knowledge of construction and design in apartments;
- Familiarity with Planning and Building Regulations;
- Solid understanding of and ability to interpret building contracts, drawings, project plans and programs;
- Capable at liaison with construction contractors on a day to day basis;
- Solid IT skills in Office Suite and capability in MS Project with feasibility programs;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation;
- Problem solving, thorough analysis and forward thinking; and
- A work ethic founded in good communication skills, responsiveness and diligence.