- $300000 - $350000 per annum, Benefits: Market Competitive Salary
- Job Type
- over 1 year ago
- Progressive ASX Listed Financial Services Company
- Varied and interesting Leadership Role
- Excellent working culture
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Perpetual a leading ASX-listed, diversified financial services company as General Manager, Legal & General Counsel. The role will be reporting into the CRO and is responsible for driving the effective management of legal risk across Perpetual’s diversified operations to enable the delivery of the Group’s strategic objectives within the legal risk appetite.
- Maintaining and continuing to evolve the legal risk management framework and partnering with the business to ensure consistent standards.
- Overseeing the legal team in providing considered and commercially focused legal advice across the Perpetual businesses.
- Ensuring the Group Executives, Boards and Committees are appropriately briefed on legal matters and risks.
- Developing and leading the legal team to drive execution of the team strategy.
- Defending and initiating any legal action required against the company in conjunction with external legal advisers.
- Owning and managing relationships with external legal and other advisors.
- Leading by example to foster a culture of knowledge sharing and collaboration across the broader CRO teams.
- Actively and positively contributing to all aspects of the CRO leadership team discussions, debate and decisions.
- Ideally a minimum of 15 years + PQE gained in-house or from a respected private practice firm.
- Proven experience working in a legal leadership role.
- Extensive financial services experience with related corporate M&A transnational experience being favourable.
- Previous exposure to litigation is also advantageous.
- Proven ability to manage competing and tight deadlines.
- Superior communication, presentation and relationship building skills.
- Enjoy working in a team and a solutions focused environment.
- Pro-active and positive attitude and ability to thrive in an innovative and growth orientated environment.
This is a terrific opportunity to join a progressive company in a varied and challenging role where diversity and inclusion are fundamental to their culture and success. An excellent salary package is on offer for the successful candidate.
This role is exclusive to FutureYou. For a full position description and a confidential discussion about this role please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665, or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.