- Sydney CBD
- Executive Salary
- Job Type
- almost 2 years ago
- CBD Location
- Newly created role
- Exciting structural transformation
Our client is nationally recognised as a pillar of support to the Australian community through the provision of critical support and educational services.
Currently undergoing a structural transformation, our client has a clear strategy to enhance their service offering, further develop relationships with stakeholders and to enhance organisational capability.
Located in Sydney's CBD, our client is committed to driving efficiency within the organisation to better service the end user and to achieve this, are seeking to appoint an executive to lead the team in alignment with their values, their vision, their customer and ensure all services and support within the organisation are provided within budget and comply with relevant statutory obligations, regulations, codes, guidelines, policies and organisational directives.This opportunity will see you have a blank canvas in which to set up a new operating framework. You will be involved in an exciting new office launch and this role will see you firm up the existing operating environment with an eye to the future.
The Chief Operating Officer reports directly into a visionary CEO. You will be a member of the Executive Leadership Team and will manage all internal head office operational and services departments to ensure high quality, efficient and effective support in the areas of; Finance, Human Resources, Project Management, Internal Risk and Office Administration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To lead and drive the operational and financial planning requirements of all divisions of the organisation
- Providing strategic advice and execution to the CEO and Leadership Group to ensure the optimal use of all team resources
- To develop strategic and creative responses and approaches to long term financial planning and management
- Overseeing and authorize all services related contracts
- Implementing process, systems and structural improvements as necessary
- Accountability for all policy, internal risk related and compliance areas of the business
- Effectively contributing to the strategic and operational development of the organization
- Providing motivation, leadership and mentoring to a diverse team, assisting to organize priorities
- Conducting timely bi-annual performance reviews of all direct reports
In order to be successful in this role, you must have:
- High Level multi-tertiary qualification – e.g. MBA
- Qualification in high level finance management – CA or CPA level
- Detailed knowledge of processes and systems required within a not-for-profit or community organization, gained through previous experience, training or education
- Demonstrated high level management skills, knowledge and capabilities
- High level of financial acumen
- Demonstrated experience in leading high level financial and human resource service provision
- Ability to gain cooperation and build effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- High level of verbal and written communication skills, capacity to discuss and explain complex issues and ideas
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills and the capacity to successfully deliver high quality outcomes within required deadlines and budget constraints
- Demonstration of a positive, proactive and collaborative attitude