- Sydney CBD
- $70000 - $78000 per annum
- Job Type
- over 1 year ago
- Known brand globally
- Study support offered for CA or CPA
- Depth of duties including project work
Our client is a medium sized organisation with a focus on the health sector, currently undergoing an exciting period of growth and finance transformation. Based in the Sydney CBD, they are shortly relocating to vibrant new offices (also in the CBD). With over 50 years of history, the organisation prides itself on a culture which is energetic and collaborative.
With a young gun Financial Controller as Management, you will be joining a culture of success and high achievement.
They are seeking an ambitious Assistant Accountant with strong attention to detail in financial and management reporting. This is a diverse role covering many different aspects of finance, so no two days will be the same!
Reporting to the Senior Corporate Accountant, you are responsible for the following areas:
- Maintain debtor and creditor ledgers.
- Process debtor transactions including invoicing, credit notes and payments in a timely manner.
- Process creditor transactions including invoicing and credit notes in a timely manner.
- Ensure creditors are paid within trading terms.
- Produce month end debtor and creditor ageing reports for review.
- Issue debtor statements and follow up outstanding debtor payments.
- Issue credit card statements to corporate card holders
- Ensure credit card acquittals are reconciled and processed in a timely manner
- Process bank reconciliations and ensure completion in a timely manner.
- Complete end of month processes and assist with monthly management and annual financial reporting.
- Assist with the maintenance of the current asset register.
- Provide information to assist with the annual audit.
- Provide timely response and distribution of Finance related enquiries
- Maintain complete filing system to support financial records
- Assist the Senior Corporate Accountant with additional tasks as required.
In order to be considered please ensure you have experience in a similar role for at least 1 year. Only those in further education such as CA or CPA qualification support will be considered. You must have excellent communication skills due to the nature of the role.
Some travel will be included in the first 6 months as there are relocating offices. Please only apply if you are able to travel intermittently in Canberra.
This role is paying approximately $75k package - they offer a number of different additional benefits such as:
- Educational assistance for CA/CPA studies where applicable
- Reimbursement of annual CA/CPA membership fees
- Wide range of salary packaging options, with the potential to reduce your income tax.
ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.