- Sydney CBD
- competitive salary
- Job Type
- almost 2 years ago
Systems Engineer – Information & Technology
Location: This role will be located in Sydney office with the requirement to provide onsite assistance at Newcastle office each quarter
Reporting To: Head of Technology, Information and Communications
Job Purpose: Working with the IT Team, the Systems Engineer plays a key role in supporting the business and the way we deliver our services. This position will support the business, delivering new solutions and assisting with a digital transformation.
- Work closely with the firms’ helpdesk support team to see IT issues through to completion
- Troubleshoot, install, configure, build, maintain and secure Microsoft infrastructure
- Develop documentation and manuals in line with the current IT strategy, maintain IT databases and knowledge banks as required
- Work on new initiatives as directed by the Head of IT to support the overall strategy
- Identify and troubleshoot system problems from 1st through to 3rdline
- Install software following documented procedures while adhering to the Change Management process
- Be the key person responsible for the application enhancements, upgrades and software deployment
- Support the management of all IT infrastructure
- Additional tasks as required
Initiative & Commitment
Demonstrates personal responsibility when performing duties. Helps support the goals and objectives of the department and firm. Performs with minimal supervision. Seeks guidance when goals or priorities are unclear.
Quality and Quantity of Work
Completes assignments in a thorough, accurate and timely manner that achieves expected outcomes.
Communication (oral and written)
Effectively conveys information both verbally and in writing. Listens carefully and seeks clarification to ensure understanding.
Job Knowledge and Competency
Performs responsibilities in accordance with job procedures and policies.
Teamwork and Cooperation
Maintains harmonious and effective work relationships with co-workers, management and clients. Adapts to changing priorities and demands. Shares information and resources with others to promote positive and collaborative work relationships.
Attendance and Punctuality
Employee’s attendance and punctuality meets client’s standards.
Candidate Profile: skills and knowledge
- Minimum 5+ years in a similar role within a professional services environment
- Diploma or higher IT qualification or equivalent IT industry experience desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft server platforms covering 2012 -2019, including Exchange 2016 and SQL 2014/16
- Experience with Active Directory and Group Policy management
- Demonstrated knowledge of deploying and managing Cisco and HP Aruba networks
- Advanced knowledge of managing VMWare environments, including modern backup solutions
- Knowledge of SharePoint, HTML
- Advanced knowledge in automation tools such as PowerShell and managing SCCM, including software deployment and the development of standard operating environments
- Knowledge of MDM platforms and the support of iOS & Android mobile devices
- Experience in following ITIL processes
- Good knowledge of MS Office and iManage DMS desired
- Citrix & Oracle exposure is beneficial
- Experience support O365 and other SaaS based services
- Experience working in or support a Practice Management System is desired but not essential
- High level of interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with high competency in troubleshooting
- Flexible and adaptable to an evolving work environment
- Strong initiative and a willingness to perform out of hours work on an ad hoc basis
- Proven ability to work as a part of a small team and experience dealing with people
- Disciplined and independent self-starter that will enjoy autonomy and challenge
- Able to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet agreed deadlines
- Sound understanding of legal practice and technology is desirable
If you think you have all the required skills/experience and a CV backed up by references to prove it, please send your CV to Waqas Kidwai at firstname.lastname@example.org