- New South Wales
- Dependent on experience
- Job Type
- 8 months ago
- In-house Senior Legal Counsel – Litigation
- Global organisation
- Competitive Remuneration
A unique opportunity has arisen for a senior litigator to join the in-house team of a leading global organisation. Working closely with the General Counsel in an experienced and established legal team. You will be involved in a breath of large-scale commercial litigation & regulatory disputes/negligence work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Strategic case management & assistance with complex, large-scale commercial disputes on behalf of the firm including preparation of defence and other court documents.
- Working across a variety of litigation matters and areas of law, including client disputes and litigation, professional indemnity matters, employment and partnership issues, debt recovery and general commercial advice.
- Briefing and instructing external solicitors, counsel and internal and external experts where necessary.
- Liaising and reporting to insurers, underwriters as well as providing strategic advice to the business and liaising closely with the global team.
You will possess:
- Ideally 6-8 years’ PAE in general commercial litigation gained within a top-tier, leading mid-tier or in-house global disputes practice.
- Experience responding to regulators, including managing responses to regulatory notices, investigations and compliance issues.
- Strong technical skills and strategic approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective relationships with both internal & external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage and mentor junior lawyers.
In return, you will receive:
- A competitive remuneration package;
- Opportunity for promotion internally.
- A friendly, collegiate and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working practices.
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Suzie Large on 0434 294 665.