- New South Wales
- $95000 per annum, Benefits: Package - inclusive of super
- Job Type
- 12 months ago
- Paralegal - Legal Operations.
- Professional Services.
- Contribute to business improvement within a high achieving division.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of a busy legal function.
- $95,000 package
A reputable professional services organisation located in Sydney's CBD, our client is a world leader in excellence and are recognised for developing a workforce of high achievers.
The Paralegal - Legal Operations will essentially act as the backbone for a large team of legal professionals and will position as the go-too for all support pertaining to technology, document management, vendor management etc. The successful applicant will 'own' this function with little supervision. The responsibilities are as follows:
End to end management of the internal portal, including:
- Triage and accurate allocation of incoming requests.
- Answering queries directly and accurately allocating legal queries to lawyers.
- Recording data on requests by service line and lawyer, preparing analytics and reporting for leadership.
- Collating and reporting on data requests to enable Leadership Team to assess and determine opportunities for continuous improvement.
Manage systems, including:
- Ensuring the technology systems are working and used consistently and effectively across the function to ensure consistency of legal advice and service.
- Actively monitor and seek out other technology solutions that may be available and/or useful
- Being the key contact for key document management systems i.e. LexisNexis
- Identify and manage support and training needs and lead system improvements.
- Troubleshoot system issues and take accountability for ensuring any issues are fixed in a timely manner.
Support key functions including:
- Supporting the Team to ensure key learning's from both an operations perspective and legal perspective are communicated effectively and proactively to the team.
- Provide record keeping and administrative support for Company Secretary, Business Names and Trade Mark filings.
- Be responsible for the upkeep of the lease register and the crisis management system.
- Manage the Deed Safes, including ensuring all Deeds are recorded and filed, retrieving documents when required, and conducting periodic reviews and archiving of documents.
This is a high level coordination and legal support role that requires extensive legal knowledge, understanding and expertise. Our client seeks to appoint a candidate with the following background / attributes:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a legal operations, Paralegal or legal practice management role.
- Experience in a professional services environment is highly regarded, with experience in a legal environment preferred.
- Strong communication skills including telephone manner and interpersonal skills.
- Tech-savvy with ability to identify areas for improvement.
- Confidence and sense of self. Our client needs a diligent operator to 'own' the function; manage vendor relationships, identify problem areas, make decisions, work autonomously and ultimately contribute to the smooth running of a critical business unit.
- Solutions focused - you will have a demonstrable track record of process improvement.
- An opportunity to build on this position and really make it your own.
- Diversification. You will work with a number of business leaders, influencing efficiency across the division.
- A remuneration package above market rate.
- Collaborate with high-achieving team members within an impressive brand.
- Upskilling opportunity for the right candidate
- Central CBD location
Contact details - Ashley Duffy - 9195 2953