- $250000 per annum, Benefits: Shares & Stock Options
- Job Type
- over 1 year ago
- One of the world’s most innovative companies
- Create novel intrusion detection strategies
- $250K+ total package
Creating some of the most advanced technology in the world today my client is experiencing global growth both in sales and in manufacturing footprint.
Due to the sensitive nature of the IP, and the positioning of Australia in the APAC region, the APAC security function is being centred in Melbourne.
The company is dynamic, constantly evolving and always challenging industry norms. If you are looking for a classic, structured, corporate environment, this is not the role for you.
The major focus of this position is to detect and respond to threats across multiple different environments.
You will help to build and operate a detailed threat detection program, focusing on improving logging coverage, tuning log aggregation, creating alert systems and conducting detailed threat analysis.
This role is focused on APAC assets but will tie into the global security function.
- Use automation solutions wherever applicable to improve threat identification and reduce response times
- Create bespoke monitoring solutions to detect intrusions in real time
- Analyse security data from multiple sources across several platforms to identify threats
- Keep abreast of the latest attacker techniques and approaches
- Employ the latest data analytics tools and techniques to help detect malicious activity
- Work closely with operations and engineering teams to define threat detection signals, deploy new cutting-edge tools, and improve response capabilities
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical engineering, or a similar highly technical field
- A deep hands on knowledge of intrusion detection, incident response, application security, malware analysis and forensics
- Experience in large scale analysis of log data using industry leading tools such as Splunk
- Strong network traffic monitoring experience
- Proficiency in at least one development language (Python, C, etc)
- Experience detecting large scale attacks within a global enterprise environment
- DevOps / Security Automation knowledge
- Excellent understanding of common attack types, and related defence mechanisms
- Knowledge of cloud environments and container/orchestrations systems
- An ability to work in a highly dynamic environment alongside others of exceptional ability
- A desire to help make positive change in the world
To apply for this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below. For a confidential discussion, please contact Stuart van Heerden on 03 8547 1333.