- $250000 - $380000 per annum
- Job Type
- almost 2 years ago
Due to growth within my clients development business, they are seeking to bring on an experienced Development Manager or Senior Development Manager to work as part of the wider Development Team. This Development Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery and oversight of large scale mixed-use Melbourne projects.
- This role requires a high level of ability to assess, identify and manage all potential risks associated to the projects, as well as developing recommendations for project risk mitigation.
- Have the ability to seek out opportunities to implement strategies to ensure delivery of this project in line with the development plan and business strategy.
- Manage contractual obligations of project partners including anchor tenants, and contractors to ensure delivery of agreed project outcomes.
- This role requires the Development Manager to manage the consistency of the design and project process, and to check for end user functionality in compliance with best practice industry standards.
- Developing and managing effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders is a priority in this role.
- There will be an opportunity for this candidate to provide their expert financial and market opinion on future development acquisitions.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail will be required to ensure accurate financial and management of the forecast, design fees and budgets, and all associated 3rd parties.
- The ideal candidate will have the proven experience to deliver all aspects of a Melbourne Office project; candidates from similar asset classes such as Retail and Hotel will also be considered.
- They will have at least 7-10 years of Development Management experience with a notable institution or developer in the Melbourne market.
- They will have a degree in either real estate, construction or similar.
- Ideally you will have experience in construction and project management delivery.
- Having experience in project and design management will allow this candidate to manage the inputs and outputs for a commercial assessment.
- Have the ability to problem solve, plan ahead, have a good working understanding of contracts and agreements, their drafting, operation and obligations and have strong organisational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills for liaising and managing stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent financial acumen is required as there will be opportunities to assist in future site development acquisitions.
- A strong understanding real estate in the Australian marketplace.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Have the ability to work in a team environment and on your own.