- New South Wales
- Job Type
- 4 months ago
- Investigation Officer
- Government Agency
- CBD Location
- 3mth and 6mth contract available
Our client is a highly regarded government agency located in Sydney's CBD. Our client is recognised for protecting the interests/ rights of the Australian public and pride themselves on offering an inclusive, collaborative and high performing culture that provides unbiased advice in line with legislation.
Under limited direction:
- Plan and conduct investigations under related legislation.
- Use alternate dispute resolution techniques with parties to attempt to resolve matters.
- Prepare correspondence, administrative decisions and briefs.
- Provide advice in writing, by phone or face to face on the application of the related legislation.
- Contribute to the development of policy and office procedures.
- Represent the office and engage with external stakeholders.
- Other relevant tasks as directed.
The successful applicant will have:
- Similar experience in an investigative or paralegal position
- Government or Ombudsman experience is desired
- Law Degree advantageous
- Dispute resolution experience
- Aptitude and experience dechipering and applying legislation
- Empathy; an understanding of people
- Demonstrable problem-solving ability - ability to deal with complex issues
- Collaborative and respectful work ethic
- The ability to work autonomously with little direction and equally as part of a team if required
- Awesome organisation
- Grow your career within an impactful government agency
- Support the Australian public
- 3mth and 6mth temporary contracts available
- Salary dependent on experience
Contact details - Ashley Duffy - 9195 2953