- Carlton South
- $120000 - $150000 per annum
- Job Type
- 2 months ago
- Ideally opportunity for a ‘first time mover’ from public practice
- Manage a team of 4-5 accountants
- Act as an outsourced CFO to 3-4 ASX listed businesses
FutureYou is partnering with a progressive company in Melbourne with over 20 years' experience working with listed companies providing an outsourced CFO Consulting service. They are regularly involved with capital raisings, share purchase plans, rights issues and initial public offerings (IPOs) across a variety of industries, from technology to mining and exploration. Your new business will provide you with ongoing training and support to service ASX listed companies to the highest possible level.
This business has a fast paced and dynamic working environment with a strong team culture. As acting CFO, you will provide a wide range of services including financial strategy, industry analysis, optimizing systems, and maximizing profits, while managing a team of 4-5 accountants.
As CFO, you will be expected to run meetings, provide staff training and add value to clients.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Financial / Management Accounting
- Running and facilitating meetings with a team of accountants
- Client engagement and liaising with respect to accounting matters
- Prepare Notices in accordance with ASIX and ASIC lodgement requirements
- Conducting financial investigations, preparing reports and undertaking audits
- Review financial statements and reports produced by Senior Accountant, Accountant or Senior Bookkeepers and provide assistance and guidance as appropriate
- Half year and full yearly reporting
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- Review and lodge FBT returns
- Quarterly cashflow reports
- Ad hoc accounting projects, including reviewing and maintaining accounting systems and internal control systems
- CFO representation externally
- Supervision / Mentoring / Collaboration with the accounting team
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Suitable candidates for this role will ideally have:
- AQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification
- 8+ years’ experience within an accounting role
- Management experience in a Chartered Accountancy environment
- Work experience in a commercial entity environment (preferred, but not essential)
- Internal and External Audit experience / exposure is ideal
- Management of multiple client portfolios
- Exposure to local and international organisations, currencies and exchanges
- Exposure and experience across Small Cap ASX listed companies, (Technology, Biotech Clean Tech & Resource Sectors highly desirable) and IPO organisations.
If you feel like this sounds like the opportunity you were looking for to enhance your career, please feel free apply here or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential chat, call Tom Miles on 0412 995 104.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.