- Call Janina Loch on (03) 8547 1385
- Job Type
- 26 days ago
- Legal team management opportunity
- Clear and rapid progression opportunities
- Develop your project and change management skillset
Our client is a prestigious top tier firm with an unmatched reputation for delivering high quality and innovative commercial legal advice across a range of practice areas. Applied Legal Technology (ALT) is a newly created area within the firm which is cutting edge and unique to the Melbourne market. The ALT team offers innovative, market-leading solutions for high-volume, document-intensive legal work and has exposure to global matters and teams within the firm’s international network of offices offering ALT.
This is a diverse and engaging role with varied areas of responsibility including managing both local and global projects from start to finish and managing a team of lawyers as well as being the main point of contact for the client. From a team management perspective you will responsible for 10-15 lawyers which includes all aspects of people management such as day to day management, mentoring, producing performance development plans and doing performance reviews. From a client perspective you will be involved with strategy, business development, preparing proposals, liaising with internal and external stakeholders, preparing cost estimates and ongoing relationship management.
Ideally you have:
- 5+ years PQE with significant time spent in a litigation team
- Good technical ability, including drafting, writing, negotiating and project management.
- Leadership, teamwork and communication skills and well-developed commercial acumen
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency
- Prior experience mentoring and supervising more junior solicitors; and
- The ability to problem solve and handle difficult situations
Our client places great emphasis on truly valuing diversity in the workplace and offers a range of benefits and initiatives to help you develop your career, manage stress, stay fit and healthy and contribute to the community. They also encourage staff to become involved in their many sporting and fitness teams and attend regular staff social events. The culture in the team is friendly, fun, fast paced and high performing.
This is a terrific opportunity to lead a team and to become part of the innovation of legal services utilising cutting edge technology.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Janina Loch on 03 8547 1385 or email your CV to email@example.com Alternatively, to apply for this role click on “Apply for this job”