- Call Janina Loch on (03) 8547 1385
- Job Type
- about 2 years ago
- Interesting, high volume and complex projects
- Internationally renowned top tier firm
- Clear and rapid career progression
Our client is a prestigious top tier firm with an unmatched reputation for delivering high quality and innovative commercial legal advice across a range of practice areas. Applied Legal Technology is a newly created area within the firm which is cutting edge and unique to the Melbourne market. This is a terrific opportunity to make your mark in this role and be a part of the team innovating legal services by utilising leading technology.
Our client places great emphasis on truly valuing diversity in the workplace and offers a range of benefits and initiatives to help you develop your career, manage stress, stay fit and healthy and contribute to the community. They also encourage staff to become involved in their many sporting and fitness teams and attend regular staff social events. The culture in the team is friendly, fun, fast paced and high performing.
This role will include:
- Document review, due diligence and/or other practice area-specific fee-earning work. On specific projects, you will supervise legal analysts in relation to individual matters, ensuring a high standard of consistent quality.
- Supervising and quality reviewing the work of Legal Analysts and, where required, stepping up to a management support role for Senior Solicitors and/or Managers to manage the day to day running of matters.
- Providing support for client proposals, pitches or any other relevant business development initiatives.
- Being an influencer of innovation – to explore and challenge the way the industry designs and delivers legal and technology services, processes and solutions to clients.
Ideally you have:
- 2+ years PQE with significant time spent in a litigation team
- Good technical ability, including drafting, writing, negotiating and project management.
- Leadership, teamwork and communication skills and well-developed commercial acumen
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budget.
- Prior experience of supervising more junior solicitors or legal staff is desirable.
- The ability to problem solve and handle difficult situations
This is a unique opportunity to work with some of the nation’s best litigators in a role that will take you to the next level and allow you to develop superb project management and leadership skills in a rapidly evolving area of practice.
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Janina Loch on 03 8547 1385 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively, to apply for this role click on the “Apply for this job” button.