- Carlton South
- $90000 - $110000 per annum
- Job Type
- 10 days ago
- Partner with ASX listed businesses providing specialized financial solutions
- Boutique firm based in Carlton
- Salary package between $90,000-110,000 inc. super
FutureYou is partnering with a progressive boutique accounting firm with over 20 years' experience in working with listed companies that has been involved in countless capital raisings, share purchase plans, rights issues and initial public offerings across a variety of industries, from technology to mining and exploration. Your new firm will provide you with ongoing training and support to service ASX listed companies to the highest possible level.
This firm has a fast paced and dynamic working environment with a strong team culture. As an Assistant Manager, you will be expected to complete the responsibilities set out below with assistance from the Senior Manager and Manager in your team.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be expected to run meetings, provide staff training and add value to team culture.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Financial / Management Accounting
- Running and facilitating meetings with a team of accountants
- Client engagement and liaising with respect to accounting matters
- Prepare Notices in accordance with ASIX and ASIC lodgement requirements
- Conducting financial investigations, preparing reports and undertaking audits
- Review financial statements and reports produced by Senior Accountant, Accountant or Senior Bookkeepers and provide assistance and guidance as appropriate
- Half year and full yearly reporting
- Forecasting and Budgeting
- Providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- Review and lodge FBT returns
- Quarterly cashflow reports
- Ad hoc accounting projects, including reviewing and maintaining accounting systems and internal control systems
- CFO representation externally
- Supervision / Mentoring / Collaboration with the accounting team
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
Suitable candidates for this role will ideally have:
- AQF Bachelor degree or higher qualification
- 4-8 years industry experience within an accounting role (servicing SME)
- Work experience in a Chartered Accountant environment
- Work experience in a commercial entity environment (exposure to financial and management accounting)
- Internal and External Audit experience / exposure
- Management of multiple client portfolios
- Exposure to local and international organisations, currencies and exchanges
- Exposure and experience across Small Cap ASX listed companies, (Technology, Biotech Clean Tech & Resource Sectors highly desirable) and IPO organisations.
If you feel like this sounds like the opportunity you were looking for to enhance your career, please feel free apply here or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential chat, call Tom Miles on 0412 995 104.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.